Friday, November 13, 2009

Arby's Slipping Down the Food Chain

This outlines the problems experienced by fast food restaurants hardest hit actor - Arby's. In the recession, McDonald's is said to be the overall "winner" and it's counterpart is Arby's - the "loser." This is partly because in consumer spending, the article says, it is a zero-sum game. Statistics have been low for the restaurant the last seven quarters it was measured. This year, the numbers have fallen even more dismally.
It then discusses possible reasons behind this issue - especially focusing on Arby's lack of options for healthy choices and lowering prices on items while selling less as well.

2 comments:

Rachel Seibel said...

I must admit that I have not been to Arby's in a very long time, and I have always noticed they have considerably high prices. While McDonald's and Wendys are constantly moving new products on to their menu, I have yet to see Arby's follow the leaders. Also, the other fastfood companies do a much better job at advertising on tv with commercials. I can tell you the McDonald's "theme song", but I couldn't tell you Arby's.

ankoorn said...

I would tend to agree with Rachel. It seems to me that Arby's has not really found a niche to exploit. They are not low price, nor are they high quality. They are a very odd restaurant, expensive and not that high of quality.