Sunday, March 1, 2020

U.S. Incomes, Spending Rose in January Ahead of Coronavirus

Personally, I haven't noticed many changes in popular areas or people avoiding being in public spaces. In fact, I would agree with the article that spaces are actually getting more crowded. 
For instance, I traveled to Indiana this weekend and it was so hard to find a parking spot at the mall there and traffic was extremely backed up (on a Saturday!). 
People receiving tax refunds could be part of the reason but I really just don't think that the Corona Virus is as complex as the media is making it. 
In both Ohio and Indiana I observed a lack of urgency or concern. Kids are still running around in crowded public places like schools of fish. 

What have you observed in regard to changes in population in public areas? Do you think that people will start avoiding public spaces once they spend all of their tax refunds? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be shocked to see any changes in American public areas until we begin to also see an increase in the number of cases in this part of the US. I also expect people will continue to stay in public places as the weather gets warmer and that leads to more activity in this part of the US.

Anonymous said...

I think that since the virus is not much of an issue right now in the U.S., that people are not changing their ways they live. I think that if the virus spreads more into the U.S. that Americans will be more cautious though. And I agree with Joey that as it continues to get warmer out, more Americans will be out and about.